OJJDP News @ a Glance, July/August 2011
August 24, 2011
The Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP) announces the availability of OJJDP News @ a Glance, July/August 2011. The bimonthly newsletter provides readers with news about OJJDP activities, publications, funding opportunities, and events.
This issue's lead article reports on CrimeSolutions.gov, the Office of Justice Programs' new online resource highlighting evidence-based programs and practices. The issue also includes special features on the following topics:
- A new joint initiative by the U.S. Departments of Justice and Education to address school disciplinary practices.
- A juvenile offender in the state of Washington who turned her life around and became an advocate for at-risk and delinquent youth.
- The National Intertribal Youth Summit hosted by the U.S. Department of Justice on July 2428, 2011.
- OJJDP's recently launched publication series on underage drinking.
- OJJDP's listening sessions with families whose children have been or are involved in the juvenile or criminal justice systems.
- The Missing and Exploited Children's Program's new Web site offering resources for training and technical assistance.
- Upcoming events.
"OJJDP News @ a Glance," July/August 2011 (NCJ 235188), is available online at www.ncjrs.gov/html/ojjdp/news_at_glance/235188/index.html.
Return to Archives