|American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children (APSAC) – A Quarter Century of Progress|
|6/27/2012 - 6/30/2012|
Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers
|American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children|
|This event offers institutes and workshops which address all aspects of child maltreatment including prevention, assessment, intervention and treatment with victims, perpetrators and families affected by physical, sexual and psychological abuse and neglect. Cultural considerations will also be addressed.|
Seminars have been designed primarily for professionals in mental health, medicine and nursing, law, law enforcement, education, prevention, research, advocacy, child protection services, and allied fields.
The educational goal of this event is to foster professional excellence in the field of child maltreatment by providing interdisciplinary professional education.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify physical abuse, sexual abuse and neglect in children
- Treat abused and neglected children
- Apply model examination techniques for assessment of abused/neglected children
- Describe and utilize the most up-to-date information concerning working with abused and neglected children to improve patient care
- Prepare and report quality testimony in court cases, both as experts and as witnesses