The Office of Justice Programs' (OJP's) Grants
Management System (GMS) is designed to make the application
process easier and more efficient.
GMS prompts you to fill out online forms and submit application materials
(program narrative, budget,
etc.) as file attachments—just like sending an attachment in
an e-mail. Onscreen instructions guide you
through the process. An online Training materials are also available, as is a GMS
Hotline (888–549–9901) to call for technical assistance.
Applying Through GMS
Some OJJDP applications are submitted electronically using GMS. Each OJJDP solicitation will provide applicants with specific directions on submitting applications to either GMS or Grants.gov. If directed to apply through GMS, please note that GMS is a two-step process (registration and submission), and most OJJDP program announcements will provide deadlines that correspond with each step.
Step 1: Register on GMS and Initiate the Application
- To register, you must create a user profile by creating a
new (or confirming an existing) user ID and password and providing
registration information, such as your employer ID number, legal
name, and contact information.
- After registering, log onto GMS using your user ID and password,
select OJJDP as the relevant program office, and then select
the program name of the funding opportunity for which you would
like to apply.
- Click Apply online, read the warning message, and
then click Continue. This initiates the application.
- Provide the requested information on the overview
screen or log off and return to the application at
- Once an application is initiated, you can return to
the application as often as needed (up until the
application due date) to make revisions. Note: Always remember
to save the application after
making any changes.
Step 2: Complete and Submit the Application
- To avoid a last minute rush and to ensure that your
application is complete and accurate, fill out as
much of the application as you can as soon as possible.
- The application includes overview, applicant information,
and project information screens, which
collect information that was previously submitted on the paper
- Submit the program narrative, budget, and any other
required materials as attachments.
- Review and accept the Assurances and Certifications,
which attest that the information in the
application is correct and that you will comply with the requirements
outlined in the Assurances and
- Before submitting the application, review the information provided
in the overview, applicant information, and project information
screens by clicking on Review SF-424.
- After confirming that the application is complete and accurate,
click Submit Application to send it to OJJDP. You will
see a confirmation message noting that the application has been
successfully submitted. Note: No changes or edits can be made
to the application after it has been submitted.
For more information and to begin the application process, go
to OJP's Grants Management