page 1 of 3
The Portable Guide series can be found online. Updates to existing Guides will be posted as they are available.
- Use of Computers in the Sexual Exploitation of Children (December 2006, NCJ 214167)
- This portable guide describes the behavioral characteristics of sexual predators who target children and how they use computers, presents best practices for investigations involving computer evidence, and summarizes the legal principles governing the search and seizure of computer systems. This publication is not available online. Abstract
- Interviewing Child Witnesses and Victims of Sexual Abuse (July 2006, NCJ 214124)
- This portable guide provides information for law enforcement officers, child protection workers, child abuse investigators, and others who need to obtain information from children who may be victims or witnesses of child sexual abuse. This publication is not available online. Abstract
- Photodocumentation in the Investigation of Child Abuse (July 2006, NCJ 214123)
- This portable guide discusses the selection and use of camera equipment, film, and photographic techniques that are most appropriate for use in cases of suspected child abuse. PDF