page 1 of 4
- AMBER Alert is a voluntary partnership between law enforcement agencies, broadcasters, transportation agencies, and the wireless industry, to broadcast a public alert in serious child-abduction cases.
- The Association of Missing and Exploited Children’s Organizations is composed of nonprofit local agencies in the United States and Canada that provide services to families of missing children. They can help with resource referrals as well as advocacy, poster and flier development and dissemination, and aid to local law enforcement.
- Developed by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Child ID mobile phone app provides a convenient place to electronically store photos and vital information about your children so it can be shared with authorities quickly. The app also includes tips on keeping children safe as well as specific guidance on what to do in the first few crucial hours after a child goes missing.
- Child Find of America works to locate missing children and prevent child abduction, performing investigations, distributing photos, mediating on behalf of families, and disseminating information to the public.
- The FBI’s Crimes Against Children Program works to reduce the vulnerability of children to sexual exploitation; promote a rapid, effective, and measured investigative response to crimes against children; and enhance the capacities of state and local law enforcement investigators.