New resources have been added to the SBB:
- Check out the new Facility Practices and Services topic under the Juveniles in Corrections section to learn about education, mental health, suicide and substance evaluations provided by youth residential placement facilities.
- A new FAQ about crowding was added to the Juveniles in Corrections section.
- New state maps have been added to the Juvenile Population section describing the juvenile race profile, teen birth rates, and the percent of children living in poverty.
- Easy Access to Juvenile Populations has been updated to include population estimates through 2015 and revised estimates for 2010-2014.
- The National DMC Databook has been expanded to include subnational data documenting case processing characteristics involving Hispanic youth relative to their non-Hispanic peers.
- A new Data Snapshot based on OJJDP's Juvenile Residential Facility Census (JRFC), focuses on the changing nature of facility populations, characteristics, and practices.
- FAQs about facility characteristics under the “Juveniles in Corrections” section have been updated to 2014.
- A new section on Victimization in Juvenile Facilities was added to the Juveniles in Corrections section.
- New FAQs describing treatment services were added to the facility characteristics section.
- New FAQs about juveniles in adult prisons and jails were added to the Juveniles in Corrections section.
The following SBB resources have recently been updated:
Access the Juvenile Offenders and Victims: 2014 National Report