As a coach, I agree to abide by the training rules regarding the use
of drugs and to support and enforce all training rules. Given the
serious dangers of drug use, I pledge to assist my team members in playing
and staying drug free.
To demonstrate my support, I pledge to:
- Discuss thoroughly with my team the impact of drug use
- Ensure that my athletes understand their commitment
to training rules and the consequences of violating any of
- Encourage my players and their parents to sign the
Student's Pledge and submit their pledges to the athletic director,
who will have received a copy of my pledge.
- Enforce rules consistently when I learn that training
rules have been or are likely to be broken.
- Avoid enabling athletes' drug use or other unhealthy
habits by ignoring or refusing to deal with a player who has
broken the rules.
- Provide information and referrals to any student
experiencing difficulty with or having concerns about the use of drugs.
- Provide assistance to students who are re-entering
school or rejoining my team after receiving treatment for drug
or alcohol use.