If you are a new visitor to the OJJDP website, you've come to the right place. This page will
give you an overview of what our site has to offer and tips for
finding the information you need.
OJJDP's home page features
The home page is a good starting point to discover the latest news, publications, events, and resources on key focus areas and initiatives.
- "The Latest from JUVJUST" section is updated almost daily highlighting the latest subject that ran in the JUVJUST email newsletter. A link takes you to more detailed information.
- "In Focus" highlights areas of concern for OJJDP and presents links to key resources.
- "Spotlight" provides coverage of the latest developments
concerning our nation's youth. A link takes you to more
- Stay connected to the latest news by subscribing to JUVJUST
and OJJDP News @ a Glance.
- Subscribe to OJJDP's JUVJUST listserv
to receive ongoing information about publications, funding,
events, and other resources.
- Subscribe to OJJDP's bimonthly electronic newsletter OJJDP
News @ a Glance for a more comprehensive
review of activities, publications, grants, and events.
The navigation on the left side of the site can link you to the
- About OJJDP offers
our Vision and Mission, the text of OJJDP's authorizing legislation,
information about the Administrator, a listing of our divisions and staff, information on councils and committees in which OJJDP participates, an archive
of OJJDP's Annual Reports, a link to employment opportunities, and access to Listening Session materials.
- E-News provides links to OJJDP's JUVJUST listserv and the OJJDP News @ a Glance newsletter. You may subscribe to these online resources and browse past issues. You can also find Press Releases and blogs.
- Topics features links to resources on select juvenile justice topics and subtopics. Here you can find everything our site has to offer on a particular topic. By visiting the Topics page and choosing a specific topic or subtopic, you'll gain access to all items across the site that are related to that topic. In addition, access resources related to areas that are In Focus.
- Funding enables
you to access current
funding opportunities, information on OJP's Grants
Management System, and links to other
federal funding resources.
- Programs provides
a listing of select OJJDP-funded programs and initiatives. You may list all programs or search for a program by keyword or topic. Training and Technical Assistance offers information on OJJDP's National Training and Technical Assistance Center. You may also learn about the Model Programs Guide, which contains information about evidence-based juvenile justice and youth prevention, intervention, and reentry programs. It is a resource for practitioners and communities about what works, what is promising, and what does not work in juvenile justice, delinquency prevention, and child protection and safety.
Contacts enables you to search for contact information
for Juvenile Justice Specialists, Disproportionate Minority
Contact Coordinators, State Planning Agency contacts,
State Advisory Group contacts, and more.
- Publications lets
you browse a list
of all publications or conduct publication
searches by topic, subtopic, and series. You can also
choose to sort results in alphabetical or reverse chronological
order. You may also learn more about the types
of publications or how to access additional resources
through the National
Criminal Justice Reference Service Library.
- Statistics leads
you to the OJJDP Statistical
Briefing Book, which provides links to national data
sets and other statistical resources. The site features access
to our online statistical publications and topical sections that
address questions about juvenile probation, juvenile reentry
and aftercare, and the juvenile justice system structure and
processes. Get quick and easy access to detailed statistics on youth justice topics with SBB's data analysis and dissemination tools.
- Events enables
you to find pertinent conferences and workshops.
The navigation at the top of the site offers you the ability
to search our site, browse FAQs, or contact OJJDP.
- Search the
site by topic, keyword, or NCJ number and then narrow your search
by requesting specific types of information—funding opportunities,
programs, events, publications, etc.—related to that topic.
- FAQs answers
your general questions about OJJDP and its activities and services.
- Contact Us provides
contact information for OJJDP and the Juvenile Justice Clearinghouse.
The footer navigation offers links to the OJP Privacy
Policy and the Freedom
of Information Act. You may also visit the Site
Map to learn more about our site's features or
link to Contact OJJDP to
submit questions or comments.
Finding the Information You Need
Search enables you to find funding information, program
summaries, publications, events, contacts, and press releases by
topic, subtopic, or keyword. Visit Search Help for additional
Publications Search lets you find publications by topic
and subtopics, publication series, or keyword. Use the Publications
Search Help for additional assistance.