SAMHSA Launches Smartphone App To Prevent Bullying
August 26, 2014
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) has launched KnowBullying, a free smartphone app that provides parents, caretakers, educators, and others information and support to address youth bullying. The KnowBullying mobile app, developed in collaboration with the federal partnership StopBullying.gov, is available for iPhone and Android users. Key features include:
- How to start a conversation with a child about bullying.
- How to prevent bullying for ages 3-6, 7-13, and older teens.
- How to recognize whether bullying is affecting a child.
- How and when to talk with children about bullying issues.
- Getting advice and support through social mediaFacebook, Twitter, e-mail, and text messages.
- Educator-focused strategies for preventing bullying in the classroom and supporting children who are being bullied.
Download the KnowBullying app and the promotional postcard and flier.
Learn about more resources at StopBullying.gov.