|Applications Being Accepted for OJJDP Advisory Committee Vacancies
August 02, 2016
OJJDP is accepting applications for upcoming vacancies on the Federal Advisory Committee on Juvenile Justice (FACJJ). The applicant must be a current member of a State Advisory Group (SAG) from the jurisdictions listed below. Selected FACJJ members will begin a 2-year term on October 1, 2016, with the possibility of renewal for another 2-year term.
Candidates must be from one of the following selection groups:
- Tribal (primary and alternate vacancies): This applicant must be a member of a tribe and a SAG.
- Jurisdiction A: California, Florida, Texas, Puerto Rico.
- Jurisdiction C: Maryland, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Virginia.
- Jurisdiction E: Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada.
- Jurisdiction G: Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina.
- Jurisdiction I: Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Wisconsin.
- Jurisdiction K: Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Rhode Island, Virgin Islands.
Composed of members of State Advisory Groups on juvenile justice, the committee advises the President and Congress on matters related to juvenile justice, evaluates the progress and accomplishments of juvenile justice activities and projects, and advises the OJJDP Administrator on the work of OJJDP.
Apply by August 12, 2016.
For questions or concerns, email Jeff Slowikowski or Melissa Kanaya.