U.S. Department of Justice, Office Of Justice Programs, Innovation - Partnerships - Safer Neighborhoods
Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, Working for Youth Justice and Safety
skip navigationAbout OJJDPE-NewsOJJDP resources organized topicallyFundingProgramsState representatives and organizations that administer OJJDP programsPublicationsOJJDP Research and Statistics OJJDP conferences, teleconferences, and juvenile justice-related eventsToolsHome
   

     E-News
 
OJJDP Revises Policy for Monitoring States' Compliance with Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Act

December 12, 2016


OJJDP has updated its “OJJDP Policy: Monitoring of State Compliance with the Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Act.” This revised policy, posted on the OJJDP website, describes the information that states must submit to demonstrate compliance with the four core requirements of the Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Act to receive Formula Grant awards administered by OJJDP. This policy also details the steps that OJJDP will undertake when conducting annual compliance determinations based on data the state submits and when assessing state monitoring systems. The policy changes include:

  • OJJDP is extending the deadline from January 31 to February 28 for states to submit their Annual Compliance Reports. States may request an extension to March 31.
  • States must report data for 85 percent of their facilities—not 100 percent—but show how they would extrapolate and report data for the remaining 15 percent.
  • OJJDP will not require states to submit fiscal year 2016 compliance data reflective of the “detain or confine” guidance.

    Resources:

    Learn more about the Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Act.

Return to Archives