|OJJDP News @ a Glance, July/August 2018
August 28, 2018
The Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP) announces the availability of OJJDP News @ a Glance, July/August 2018. In this issue's Message From the Administrator, Caren Harp discusses how OJJDP is changing its Title II Formula Grants program to help states improve their juvenile justice systems, maintain public safety and ensure youth are treated fairly and held appropriately accountable for their actions. The top story highlights Administrator Harp's participation in the National Campaign to Stop Violence's Do The Write Thing Challenge ceremony, challenge finalists' essays, and agency efforts to safeguard children from violence.
Other features in this issue—
• Administrator Harp Addresses Coalition for Juvenile Justice Annual Conference
• OJJDP Coordinates National Law Enforcement Training on Child Exploitation
• OJJDP Demos Youth Suicide Prevention Virtual Simulation at UNITY Conference
• OJJDP Hosts Staff Session on Averted School Violence Initiative
• Staff Spotlight: OJJDP Senior Policy Advisor Sanzanna Dean
• Stakeholder Corner: Childhood Experience With CASA Leads to Child Advocacy Career
• Research Central: The Importance of Protective Factors in Reducing the Likelihood of Delinquency Among Children Who Are Maltreated
• Upcoming Events
• News In Brief
• New Publications
- OJJDP News @ a Glance, July/August 2018 (NCJ250170) is available online.