|Multidisciplinary Team Academy|
|3/27/2019 - 3/28/2019|
Connecticut Police Academy
Training & Resource Coordinator
Northeast Regional Children's Advocacy Center
|Northeast Regional Children's Advocacy Center|
|This training is designed for Connecticut Multidisciplinary Teams. |
Multidisciplinary Team Academy is a two day training designed to facilitate team development, enhance team skills and team relationships. Teams must have core representation from Children's Advocacy Center (CAC) Director, Child Protective Services, law enforcement and prosecution/DA. Other team members should include representation from Victim Advocacy, Mental Health, Medical, Team Coordinator, Forensic Interviewer or CAC Staff. Each team in attendance should consists of 5 to 6 team members.
Topics to be covered include:
- Building team ground rules
- Case flow charts
- Policies and Procedures
- Team development model
- Roles and Responsibilities
- CAC standards
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Team member orientation
Teams will come away from this training with:
- A better understanding of team members' and disciplines' roles and responsibilities;
- How teams coordinate their efforts for more successful outcomes for children
- How team members balance agency commitment with team commitment
- An action plan of the next steps to further the development of the team and/or CAC.
- An opportunity to create or improve their investigative process and working relationships with the assistance of a knowledgeable facilitator.