|Threat Assessments and Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT) Training for K-12 Schools|
|9/17/2019 - 9/17/2019|
Dickinson Police Department
|Fox Valley Technical College|
|National Criminal Justice Training Center|
|Take a caring and proactive approach to students who are expressing alarming and concerning behaviors. |
Learn the importance of developing a sound foundation for Behavioral Intervention Teams (BITs) including creating a multidisciplinary team made up of your organization's key players.
Apply best practices as they relate to addressing threats, identifying pre-attack indicators, and stopping the pathway to violence.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the pathway to violence
- Select threat assessment team members
- Understand pre-attack indicators
- Identify available threat management resources
- Document and improve report writing
- Apply records management best practices
Registration cutoff: Friday, August 9, 2019