In fiscal year (FY) 2010, the Office Of Juvenile Justice And Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP) awarded more than $519 million in grants in support of its mission to prevent and respond to juvenile delinquency and child victimization, including nearly $389 million in discretionary funding. Information about these awards is available below.
Formula and Block Grants
Funding through formula and block grants is available to states and territories through the state agency designated by the Governor. Juvenile Justice Specialists in each state administer the funding through subgrants to units of local government, local private agencies, and American Indian/Alaska Native jurisdictions for programs in accordance with legislative requirements. In FY 2010, OJJDP awarded more than $130 million under the following formula and block grants programs.
OJJDP awards discretionary grants to states, units of local government, and private organizations to administer programs. More than $301 million in discretionary grants was awarded in FY 2010 under the following programs.
In FY 2010, OJJDP awarded nearly $88 million in discretionary funds for the following statutory earmarks.
- Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind
- City of Gadsden
- Montgomery YMCA
- National Childrens Advocacy Center Inc.
- Team Focus Inc
- United Methodist Children's Home
- University of Mobile
- Zelpha's Cultural Development Corporation, Inc.
- Childhelp, Inc.
- Operation QT Inc
- Grand Prairie Arts Council
- Pulaski County Government
- The Board of Trustees for the University of Arkansas at
- Little Rock
- A Place Called Home
- ABC Unified School District
- Alameda County
- Boys & Girls Club of West San Gabriel Valley
- Centinela Youth Services, Inc.
- Chabad of S. Jose
- Chabad of the Valley
- City of Chino
- City of Fairfield
- City of Long Beach
- City of Pasadena
- City of Sacramento
- City of Victorville
- Eden Housing, Inc
- Friends of Child Advocates
- Friends of Child Advocates
- Friends of Child Advocates
- Harbor Area Gang Alternatives Program
- Hollenbeck Police Activities League
- Isafe America Inc
- Long Beach Community College District
- Martin Luther King Jr Freedom Center
- National Council On Crime And Delinquency
- Olive Crest Treatment Centers
- Pasadena Symphony Association
- Phoenix House Orange County, Inc.
- Phoenix Houses of Los Angeles, Inc.
- Project Avary Inc.
- Public Health Foundation Enterprises
- Richmond Black Fire Fighters Association
- Richmond Police Activities League
- San Fernando Valley Partnership Incorporated
- Save our Future
- Superior Court of California, County of Santa Clara
- Turning the Hearts Center
- YWCA Pasadena-Foothill Valley
- Young Mens Christian Assocation of Burbank, CA
- Young Women's Christian Association of Greater Los Angeles
- The Regents of the University of Colorado
- USA Swimming Foundation, Inc.
- Weld County Juvenile Assessment Center, Inc.
- City of Bridgeport
- City of Hartford
- Community Foundation for Greater New Haven
- Eastern Connecticut State University
- Hartford Community Mental Health Center Inc.
- Klingberg Comprehensive Program Services, Inc.
- Save the Children Federation, Inc
- Sea Research Foundation Inc
- The Courage to Speak Foundation
- The Governor's Partnership to Protect Connecticut's Workforce, Inc.
District of Columbia
- Latin American Youth Center Inc
- School Biz Match Inc
- U.S. Soccer Federation Foundation
- ZERO TO THREE
- Children and Families First Delaware Inc.
- Delaware Community Foundation
- Jobs for Delaware Graduates, Inc.
- ARISE FOUNDATION
- Arnold Palmer Hospital For Children And Women
- County of Polk
- Covenant House Florida
- Devereux Foundation
- Florida Venture Foundation
- Forever Family, Inc.
- Jacksonville City
- Overtown Youth Center
- PACE Center for Girls Inc
- Pinellas, County of
- Putnam County School District
- School Board of Palm Beach County
- Building Toward Wellness Community Coalition Inc
- City of Cairo
- County of Calhoun
- Covenant House Georgia
- Crawford Counseling & Community Learning Center
- Dooly County Community Enrichment Coalition Inc.
- MILLER COUNTY NEW VISION COALITION, INC.
- Project Rebound Inc
- Southwest Georgia Humanitarian Rural Outreach
- Taylor County Board of Education
- The Family Center of Columbus, Inc.
- Truancy Intervention Project Georgia, Inc.
- Boys & Girls Club of Hawaii
- Maui Economic Opportunity, Inc.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Will and Grundy Counties
- Chicago Jesuit Academy
- Restoration Ministries, Inc.
- Resurrection Behavioral Health ProCare Centers
- SGA Youth & Family Services
- South Central Community Services, Inc.
- Uhlich Children's Advantage Network
- YWCA Lake County
- Young Women's Christian Association of Greater Indianapolis
- Young Women's Christian Association of St Joseph County, Indiana
- Four Oaks Family Childrens Services
- Urban Dreams
- National Center for Fathering, Inc.
- First Gethsemane Center for Family Development, Inc.
- Boys Town Louisiana, Inc.
- GNO Afterschool Partnership
- Reconcile New Orleans, Inc.
- Baltimore City
- Cal Ripken, Sr. Foundation, Inc.
- Kennedy Krieger Research Institute Inc
- Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
- Berkshire South Regional Community Center
- Boston Urban Youth Foundation, Inc.
- Boys & Girls Club of Worcester
- City of Brockton
- MY TURN, Inc.
- Suffolk University
- Town of Orange
- United Way of North Central Massachusetts
- Bay Regional Medical Center
- Chapel Hill Missionary Baptist Church
- Focus: HOPE
- Friendship Circle
- Holy Cross Children's Services
- Human Development Commission
- Starr Commonwealth
- The Manor
- Wayne County
- Bolder Options
- Ramsey County
- Chippewa Cree Tribe
- Montana Second Judicial District - Youth Probation Office
- Montana Supreme Court
- Watson Children's Shelter
- National Council of Juvenile And Family Court Judges
- All Saints Community Service and Development Corporation
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Foundation of New Jersey
- Brick Township PAL
- Crossroads Programs, Inc.
- DARE New Jersey Inc.
- Generations Inc.
- KIDSBRIDGE, INC.
- City of Las Cruces
- Families & Youth Inc.
- Men Engaged in Nonviolence, Inc.
- New Mexico Sheriff and Police Athletic League
- State of New Mexico- Children, Youth & Families Department
- Abraham House
- Amigos del Museo del Barrio Inc.
- Bardavon 1869 Opera House Inc
- Boys & Girls Club of Harlem, Inc.
- Boys Town New York, Inc.
- Bronx Cluster of Settlement House
- Bronx Community Pride Center
- Bronx Council on the Arts, Inc.
- Brooklyn Academy of Music
- City Parks Foundation Inc
- City of Rochester
- Dutchess Community College
- Economic Opportunity Council of Suffolk
- Fountain Avenue Community Development Corp.
- Gay Men's Health Crisis
- Girl Scouts of the USA
- Good Shepherd Services
- Harlem RBI, Inc.
- Harlem Youth Soccer dba FC Harlem
- Highland Park Community Development Corporation
- Hillside Family of Agencies
- Hillside Work-Scholarship Connection
- Hoops Express Inc
- Kentler International Drawing Space, Inc.
- Mesivta Eitz Chaim of Bobov
- Mount Sinai Hospital
- Museum of the City of New York
- New York City Outward Bound Center, Inc.
- New York Junior Tennis League, Inc.
- Northwest Bronx Community And Clergy Coalition Inc.
- Ohel Childrens Home and Family Services
- PAX, Inc.
- Rocking the Boat, Inc.
- Soundview Community In Action
- Sid Jacobson Jewish Community Center
- Siena College
- Sports Foundation Inc.
- The After-School Corporation
- The Armory Foundation
- The Mary Mitchell Family And Youth Center Incorporated
- The Point Community Development Corporation
- Town of Riverhead
- WNY AmeriCorps Fund
- Womens' Sports Foundation
- Woodstock Film Festival, Inc.
- Youth Ministries for Peace and Justice
- Youth and Tennis, Inc.
- City of Charlotte
- Guilford College
- North Carolina Administrative Office of the Courts
- North Carolina State University
- Wake Technical Community College
- City of Wilson
- Communities In Schools of North Carolina, Inc.
- Emily Krzyzewski Family Life Center Inc.
- Forsyth County Youth Center
- Dakota Boys and Girls Ranch
- Standing Rock Sioux Tribe
- Improved Solutions for Urban Systems Inc.
- Jobs for Ohio's Graduates, Inc.
- Ohio Association of Police Athletic League Inc.
- Toledo-Lucas County Police Athletic League
- Beaver County Minority Coalition
- Cabrini College
- Child Advocacy Center of Montgomery County
- Community Alliance For Progressive Postive Action Inc.
- Dauphin County
- Devereux Foundation
- KidsPeace National Centers of North America, Inc.
- Main Line Chinese Culture Center, Inc.
- Middlecreek Area Community Center
- New Freedom Theatre, Inc.
- PA Chapter of Children's Advocacy Centers
- Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Philadelphia Mural Arts Advocates
- Philadelphia Teen Court
- Police Athletic League of Norristown
- Saint Joseph's University
- Starfinder Foundation
- United Way of Allegheny County
- Valley Youth House Committee, Inc.
- Widener University
- York County Children's Advocacy Center
- Youth Advocate Programs, Inc.
- Big Brothers of Rhode Island, Inc.
- Chamber Education Foundation
- City of Pawtucket
- Ocean Tides, Inc.
- Project GOAL Inc.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of the Pee Dee Area, Inc.
- Old Bethel United Methodist Church
- Orangeburg Consolidated School District 5
- Boys and Girls Club of the Missouri River Area
- Lower Brule Sioux Tribe
- BRIDGES USA, Inc.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Rutherford County, Inc.
- HoustonWorks USA
- Texas A And M University Corpus Christi
- Logan City School District
- Ogden City School District
- Bellows Free Academy Union High School District #48
- Department for Children & Families, Family Services Division
- Mobius Inc.
- Northern Forest Canoe Trail, Inc.
- Outright Vermont
- Vermont Department of Education
- City of Alexandria
- City of Richmond
- Enough Is Enough
- Office of the Attorney General of Virginia
- Patrick Henry Community College
- People to People
- The Virginia Foundation for Community College Education
- Virginia Mentoring Partnership
- City of Seattle
- County of Yakima
- Olive Crest
- Washington State Mentors
- Barron County Restorative Justice Programs Inc.
- Milwaukee Public Schools
- Safe Harbor Child Advocacy Center, Inc.
- Wisconsin Office of Justice Assistance
- YWCA Green Bay De Pere
Recovery Act Awards
Under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, OJJDP awarded approximately $921,000 in discretionary funding for the following initiative in FY 2010.
- Recovery Act-Needs Assessment and Developmental Activities for the National Internet Crimes Against Children Data System (NIDS)